Air New Zealand Lounges
We have comfortable, well-appointed lounges at airports in New Zealand and select destinations around the world. We also have Partner and Star Alliance agreements that give our passengers access to other airlines' lounges.
Air New Zealand's lounge development programme
Air New Zealand is part way through a programme to redevelop the lounge network and has seen the following new lounges open: Auckland, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Nadi, Tauranga, Invercargill, Hamilton, Dunedin, Wellington, Queenstown, Palmerston North and Nelson.
For the latest updates on lounges that are in or soon to enter the programme, click the lounge destinations below for more information:
- Auckland Domestic - is undergoing a refurbishment from 6 January 2020.
Access to Air New Zealand Lounges
When travelling on an Air New Zealand flight, you can use Air New Zealand branded and operated lounges in New Zealand and five destinations around the world if you are travelling in our Business Premier cabin or, fit one of the passenger descriptions detailed on each of the lounge pages. Lounge access is available immediately prior to departure only.
Access to Regional and Domestic lounges:
Air New Zealand customers with a same day regional connection to or from an international Air New Zealand Business Premier flight, are entitled to lounge access prior to departure. Must be travelling on a through-ticketed journey, departing on an Air New Zealand ticket (starting with '086') and 'NZ' marketed and operated flight.
Ensure your Airpoints™ number is always entered at the time of booking, and always carry your Airpoints Elite, Gold, Elite Partner, or Koru membership card when travelling.
A quick guide to our lounges
- Length of stay: If you are eligible for access, you can access Air New Zealand Domestic and Regional Lounges for up to four hours before flight departure. Partner Lounges are available for up to three hours before departure.
- Children: A maximum of three children aged 3 to 17 years (inclusive), may access Air New Zealand Lounges on a complimentary basis, if they are travelling with an Airpoints Elite, Gold, Elite Partner or Koru member, subject to space availability. Children aged two years and under travelling with an Airpoints Elite, Gold, Elite Partner or Koru members, may access Air New Zealand Lounges on a complimentary basis subject to space availability. If you are eligible to use a partner or Star Alliance lounge, children two years and over will count toward your guest allowance. Children must be supervised at all times.
- Guests: Your eligibility to bring a guest or guests into an Air New Zealand Lounge depends on whether you are an Elite, Gold, Elite Partner or Koru member. Guest access is subject to space on the day. Guests may not be accepted at some Star Alliance or partner lounges. Guests must be travelling with you, transfer/selling of guest access privileges is not permitted. Refer to terms and conditions. Koru members do have the option to purchase a Koru Guest Card which allows the member to bring an additional guest into Air New Zealand lounges. Purchase a Koru Guest Card.
- Attire and behaviour: We ask you to dress and act with consideration towards fellow lounge guests.
For lounge and guest access privileges, please visit the Airpoints frequent flyer tier benefits pages for Elite, Gold or Elite Partners. Koru members can find their lounge access benefits here.
Airpoints Elite, Gold, Elite Partners and Koru members may be eligible for lounge access when travelling on selected Partner Airline flights. Air New Zealand Business Premier passengers are also entitled to access Air New Zealand or our Partner Lounges, for themselves only, prior to flight departure (must be travelling on an Air New Zealand ticket and flight number). Please visit each Partner Airline's page for lounge access policies when travelling on selected routes with these airlines:
Airpoints Elite and Gold members (Star Alliance Gold Status holders) are also able to access a wider range of lounges as per the Star Alliance Gold benefits. Present your Airpoints card or your digital Airpoints card as a form of identification to enter Star Alliance partner lounges. Eligible Star Alliance Gold members must be departing on a flight with a Star Alliance carrier. See the Star Alliance website for details.
London Heathrow terminal Air New Zealand departs from London Heathrow Terminal 2, the Queen's Terminal.
Transiting Los Angeles Airport Air New Zealand operates from Tom Bradley International Terminal at Los Angeles International Airport.