Frequently asked travel queries
Our website is full of information to help throughout your journey. We recommend checking for details prior to reaching out to our Contact Centre, Social Media, and Email Support teams for further assistance.
Top spots for information:
- You can monitor the status of your flight here.
- View, change or cancel your flight bookings, as well as add a seat request or prepaid extra bag via Manage Bookings.
- Find more information about credits here, or view and use yours with our online credit tool.
- Visit our COVID-19 hub to see what to expect when travelling and also review your travel requirements.
- If you're heading off around Aotearoa with your pet, check out what's required here.
We also recommend downloading the Air NZ mobile app to stay up to date with your bookings.
If you’re an Airpoints member, sign in to your account to tailor your travel alerts.
Other points to keep in mind:
- For customers looking to use a credit to make a new booking, please note that credits can't be combined with Airpoints Dollars. Once your credit has been applied, any remaining amount will need to be paid for using a credit/debit card or via POLi internet banking.
- Prepaid extra baggage is only available when your journey is solely operated by Air New Zealand. If another airline makes up part of your journey, excess baggage fees will apply at check-in based on the baggage rules of your ticket.
- While you are not required to show proof of vaccination to travel on an Air New Zealand operated domestic or international service, any vaccination and pre-departure testing requirements of your transit or destination countries still apply.
- If you have any questions or are having difficulty completing your New Zealand Traveller Declaration, please reach out to the NZTD Contact Centre for assistance.