Join us, and do your bit

Our partnership with DOC contributes to protecting approximately 30% of New Zealand's natural environment, leaving 70% up to the rest of New Zealand.

Imagine what our forests, mountains, and rivers must have sounded like. The birdsong was described as deafening, and as melodious wild music. But introduced predators are silencing our native birds, with over 25million killed each year.

Biodiversity projects like those that Air New Zealand supports with DOC are giving our native species a fighting chance. But it takes a collaborative effort to make a difference and all of us Kiwis have our part to play.

Below are just some of the ways you can do your bit for our native species. Because nature needs us.

Sustainability in the backyard series

Join DOC's Threatened Species Ambassador team member Sam Rowland, as she talks us through how we can get involved with nature.