Travelling or returning to Australia
For the latest travel advice, please visit the Australian Government website.
These requirements may change before you travel, so be sure to check regularly. Failure to meet local requirements may result in denied boarding.
Entry & transit
- Check you meet entry and health requirements for travel to Australia.
- You will need a valid passport. You may also need additional documentation such as a visa, even if transiting.
- Check if you need an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) to enter or transit Australia.
- Don't forget to check travel requirements for any countries/regions you will pass through in transit and on your return journey.
COVID-19 health requirements
- Check the Australian Government's vaccination requirements which are in place until 11:59pm 5 July, 2022. From 6 July, travellers arriving into Australia will not need to be vaccinated.
- Travellers no longer require a pre-departure test to enter Australia.
Digital Passenger Declaration
- All travellers arriving in or transiting Australia before 11:59pm on 5 July 2022 need to complete a Digital Passenger Declaration (DPD) before departure. Travellers arriving after this time do not need to complete a DPD.
State and territory arrival requirements
Your arrival state may require additional documentation or tests. Check state-level requirements for your destination: